Monday, June 28, 2010

Cliches of Trust

I feel that an update on life right now is in order. After much waiting and searching, I finally have something in which to engage myself in the near future. I have been offered a position as an Assistant Resident Director at Grand Canyon University. So, this means that come the first of August I will be moving out to Phoenix. This certainly comes as a major life change. I'm moving off to a place where I will know no one. But I'm finding myself quite excited by this coming change. Yes, there is some nervousness. I don't know fully what to expect, and I'm going to be away from the norm. The more I think about it, though, the more excited I become. Life is shaping up and, for at least the next wee while, I have a direction in which to point myself.

As I look at this and I look back at the past few months, I can see a definite change in myself concerning my attitude and approach to life. Yes, first of all, having something like this come up will certainly affect my outlook. But going beyond that I've noticed a difference in my relationship with God. These past few months, I've been upset with God. I've wanted something in which to ground myself, something which I could take a hold of and set as my foundation. Looking ahead into life, I just kept seeing this big blank sheet and it scared me. I wanted some form of direction and something tangible to set myself on. Before having my interview with Grand Canyon, I had a wee bit of an insight with my relationship with God. I can't be looking for something tangible or physical as the foundation for my hope and outlook on life. That will simply lead to the attitude I had; when there's nothing to set my hopes in, then I sink down into the depths of despair. Instead, my hopes, my attitude, my outlook on life needs to be grounded in God alone. He is the firm foundation. The reason He can be is that He is constant and He will not fail. His love for me continues on and will provide for me in my needs. This is something I had come to forget. Over this past month I came to be reminded of this, and that I need to trust in Him alone.

Granted, this sounds cheesy, especially since I'm approaching it from the standpoint that I do have a plan for the future. It seems like I'm saying the age-old cliche that if you trust in God everything will come together perfectly. Honestly, I don't think things are as easy as that. Yet, I have come to once more trust that God will take care of His children. He loves us, and He wants to strive on our behalf. It is up to us to trust in Him, knowing that He will guide and lead if we let Him. So yeah... I know... cheesy cliche here. Sounds like I'm simply saying "Trust God and everything will be alright." And I don't want to simply say the padded answer. What I am saying is that He cares and loves for us more than we could ever imagine. His heart breaks when ours do. He doesn't want to see us in pain, and He will be there in the midst of our struggles, even if it doesn't seem like it. As I have learned, put your trust and hope in God. His love can carry you through.

No comments: