Friday, August 6, 2010

Blessings

My first week here in Phoenix has almost reached it's conclusion. I must say, this week has been incredibly encouraging. The people, the activities, the environment... shoot, even my living conditions and the items I have been given over these past few days, weeks and months has been amazing. I'm left speechless at the enormous amount of blessings which have been poured out on me. I'm astounded at how much God has provided me. This environment is one which I am excited to be working in. The people here have a great attitude towards their work, focusing on the students and their needs above all. The actual environment of Phoenix that I'm in is great too. Granted, it's not going to be the most comfortable of environments. It's a far cry from the firefly-saturated fields of Indiana. Shoot... some of the stories make me laugh at the situation. For example, they said not to panic if I hear gun shots. That's just a part of the area.

But these circumstances make me excited. Much like Scotland, my perception on the world is once more about to be stretched, challenged and changed. I'm meeting new people and encountering new things. This new chapter is going to be yet again a life-forming time in my life. It will be hard and challenging at times, but I'm looking forward to this growth. It will be good.

At the same time, I must admit I'm a little frightened with what this new position means. I have been insanely blessed over these last few weeks. It feels like God has poured out one blessing after another. For some reason He finds it a good idea to take this action. Yet, I'm scared of what this might entail. I hold to the idea that to whom much is given, much is required. I don't mean to say that God pours out His blessings with a price. What I mean is that I have been given a great deal... provided housing, a great place to work, things to help me function in life comfortably. I cannot simply sit on these things and keep them to myself. I have been given these things for a reason. I believe that there is some purpose or role that God is calling me to fulfill. These blessings are my proverbial talents. When the master comes to settle accounts with His property, (for these things are not my own, but His) what will I have to show for my time here? And I must admit that I am scared of failure. I don't want to come up short.

So, I must turn to Him, seeking for His clarity in the path which has been laid before me. May I see the opportunities as they come. May I grasp these times with confidence and assurance in my abilities. May I bring You glory and honor through the words I say, the actions I take and the life I live. I make this my prayer as this time of newness and refreshing opens.

Blessings, my friends.

No comments: