Monday, May 18, 2009

There is a War

I've finally made it home from school and this has led to a large amount of free time now being presented to me. In this free time, I have found myself realizing some truths around me. Today was one such day. As I set contemplating the world around me, I was hit with a sudden revelation. The world we now find ourselves in is in a state of war. I have begun to find myself attacked from all directions. These attacks happen at all times of the day. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. The assailants swoop in to attack me out of the blue. They search for my weaknesses and are relentless when it comes to trying to wear me down. I try to deal with them and gain victory, but I just don't seem to be able to make any ground in this battle. I kill off one and five more appear. The world we once knew no longer exists. Our homes....our very lives have been invaded. We will never be the same because of this. Who is this new-found enemy you may ask. This "new" enemy is actually an old one which has been around for many generations.

This enemy is.......the housefly.

Yes, the housefly. It seems that this age old enemy of the house has come back with vengeance. As I sit here in the house, enjoying a nice peaceful moment to relax, I suddenly find myself the target for multiple kamikaze flies. Mind you, these are not your normal little houseflies. These guys are like 747's of the insect world. They are so stinkin huge!!! They almost knock off my head when the fly in. I try to take them out, but they just keep coming back. For every one I kill, 5 more step forward to take their fallen comrade's place. I think I killed about 10 at one time today. They were just buzzing around the window, bouncing off the screen in a vain attempt to achieve their freedom. But they were no match for my quick hand and fly-sweatter. They could not handle me....the samari of swatting. But, it still doesn't matter. They keep coming back!

So, I put out a plea to all of you...my readers. Join me in fighting this dangerous enemy. They will soon take over all of our houses unless we strike first. We must fight for our freedom!!! Rise up, fellow home dwellers! Defend that which is ours!!!! In case you haven't noticed, already my days are becoming slow...see what happens when school let's out.

No comments: